Sometimes life can be stressful and chaotic. Maybe it feels like some days are never ending.
There's a chance that you are feeling overwhelmed because of a lack of organization. Did you know that organizing your day might improve your mood at the same time? Take these simple steps to make your day run smoothly and lift your spirits.
- Write down your tasks for the day. Circle, number or draw special attention to the tasks that are highest priority. If it's a school day, write down assignments and upcoming tests.
- When you have figured out what needs to be done, prepare for it. Lay out your clothes the night before. Use your task list when you pack your bag. Having what you need will stop you from worrying about little things and allow you to be awesome at whatever you do!
- Find one thing you can do to take care of yourself. A plan for self-care will help you feel better and be more focused on your day. Is there one thing that you can do for yourself today? Eat right? Exercise? Go to bed earlier?
- Is there something that you can do for someone else today? Play with a sibling? Be nice to someone at school who is always picked on? Give someone a compliment? Help out around the house?
- Take a moment each day to reflect and find one thing that you are grateful for.
Instead of just letting your day happen to you, focusing on your priorities will give you a sense of control in your daily life. Being able to set and achieve goals helps you feel more productive and better able to overcome insecurities and worries. And when you take care of yourself, help others, and find gratitude each day, you will be more confident about yourself and your future.
Check out our Daily Planners if you don't have a planner of your own.
Daily Planner Worksheet 1
Daily Planner Worksheet 2