There are things that you can do to help prevent bullying such as:
- Creating student-led and student-organized school clubs that promote safe, welcoming, and accepting school environment.
- Work with your principal to learn how you can start an all-inclusive club at your school.
Strategies to address students with special needs at school can also help to prevent bullying and help all students in your school, especially by using a team approach, increasing friendly relationships, and helping students develop empathy. Some strategies include:
- Have activities in which everyone has a role to play.
- Find out the kind of support that students with special needs would like and find students to provide it or design ways for an activity to be adapted together.
- Be a buddy to children with special needs.
- Ask for more inclusive activities in your school, if needed.
Go Back to Bullying Page